I’m really happy with these Arden Pants from Helen’s Closet. I made a toile in a non-stretch fabric first (the blue) and while they fit well standing up, I found them too tight when sitting. For the final version, I used a 97% cotton, 3% spandex mix cotton sateen from http://www.craftystudio.ie and this has worked well. The top is the Tessuti Mandy Boat tee in viscose jersey (https://www.tessuti-shop.com/products/mandy-boat-tee-print-at-home-or-copy-shop).
Very little alteration needed:
I added two narrow darts at the front waist and two at the back.
I also graded out a little at the lower back crotch.
For the next version I might raise the centre back waist 1/2-3/4”.
This is a great pattern and the instructions are really good – as usual from Helen’s Closet.
The pocket is just one pattern piece folded over, but I cut this in two and added seam allowance. For me, it’s easier to cut out like this. I added a strip of interfacing for the pockets and under stitched them. This is not included in the pattern instructions, but I’m just in the habit of doing it.
I enjoyed doing all the top stitching as shown in the pattern. I put matching top-stitching thread in my old machine, and used the new one to sew the trousers up. This is really handy.
This is a great everyday trouser pattern that I think I will be using a lot.