Plain English editing
You have the material but you need it edited
Your material can benefit from plain English editing when you have the information but it:
- is written by several different authors;
- uses different styles throughout;
- looks dense and unappealing;
- is too long;
- does not convey your message clearly;
- uses poor design;
- uses cumbersome, vague language; and
- needs to be read several times to understand it.
Plain English editing can make it clear and easy to asborb.
Make people want to read your report
Often the information for a report comes from many
different sources and is written in different styles.
Sheila O'Kelly can gather all the information
together and edit the document so that it is:
- written in a consistent style;
- interesting and easy to read;
- well signposted so people can find the information they need;
- well organised; and
- information is not duplicated unnecessarily.