About Sheila O'Kelly
I have extensive writing and editing experience on national newspapers and specialist periodicals including:
- sub-editor on the Irish Times Finance pages;
- senior sub-editor on the Sunday Business Post;
- freelance writer and sub-editor; and
- assistant editor, the Garda Review.
I have also:
- trained with the UK Plain English Campaign and received their Plain English Diploma.
- I am one of the leading experts in plain English in Ireland;
- I edit documents up to plain English standards for a wide variety of public and private sector clients;
- I give one-day in-house training courses on 'How to write in plain English'; and
- I am Editor of Diabetes Ireland, the journal of the Diabetes Federation of Ireland.
I’ve many years of experience in interviewing health
and business experts; and gathering people’s life stories.
I do extensive research before interviewing someone,
ask intelligent questions and I don’t make assumptions.
I‘m an expert at sequence and structure and that
makes each feature readable and informative.
- Microsoft Office; and